Sunday, May 28, 2006

A Man with one shoe walked into a bar in london

HI ALL
We are in London for the day - we did figure out how to have them keep our bags at the airport so we could walk around - but where is Jessica when you need her? Its been nice but started to rain and so we bought an expensive umbrella! Is it only in London a guy will wear a shirt that says, "I do all my own nude scenes"? Ok Mark thinks that guy was in Houston - but I am certain it was here. Anyway - we were in a pub having some chips and a man walked into the bar from the pouring rain asking if he by chance left his shoe there the day before - he had a shoe on one foot and a sock on the other - a wet sock....
Would be better if I wasn't so very sleepy. We stopped for a quick bite and I fell asleep in the restaurant. We realized we are arriving in the morning in Addis not at night like I thought- not sure why I thought that. So we may meet the boys as early as tomorrow though I will not keep up my hopes of that since things don't always go as planned I have learned. We are getting more and more nervous about it...but excited just the same -no names yet. Any suggestions? Please send them along....we would love to hear your ideas.
Hugs to our children please- we miss them and have thought of them while here many times. I have taken a few pictures of daddy - in red phone booths and other places. We were wishing we had gotten tickets to one of the great shows they have here...but I surely would have fallen asleep. We don't fly out until 10:30 pm and its about 3:00pm and I can't wait to sleep- I hope I can.
Thanks for all of your prayers and well wishes.

To think- in less than 24 hours we may be snuggling with our little boys- I know we will miss Maddie, Cal and Phoebe then more than ever...
Love Em and Mark

3 comments:

owlhaven said...

Excited for you!

Mary

Anonymous said...

How thrilling -- I can't wait to hear more!

Bek said...

How great...you will have to tell us all how to stow the bags in the airport while we wander.....