Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

It was a good day. It was Phoebe's birthday and we went to visit a close friend who is due to have her first baby any day now. We were able to do some much needed shopping for the trip and pick up some things like formula and wipes and duffle bags to carry the donations in. My good friend who brought her babies home last week has been on my mind a lot and I ask you to pray for them. The twins they brought home are doing well but they have encountered some medical issues and I would like you all to pray for them. I wish I could post pictures of these two babies- they are so incredibly beautiful0 her daughter- who is supposed to be about 6 months only weighed 8 pounds when she got home- but she is growing and gaining and smiling and cooing now. Keep them in your prayers. And while you pray for them- please pray for Maren and Yabsera- they are doing well - we have heard- but each day that passes- I worry a little bit more about them and how they are- pray they are healthy and well and thriving. Mark surprised me today with a wonderful mother's day card and in it he said I was an awesome mother of 5 and on July 17th will get to be a fan of four...and I knew immediately that he ad gotten me tickets to go see Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young at Red Rocks! I was so happy- we haven't gone to a concert in years - before we had kids we went to a lot of shows. We saw CSNY in San Francisco in 1991 in a great small theatre- and the set was like a living room and that was how it felt- like you were sitting in their living room listening to them play "Guinevere". I was worried who would want to watch 5 kids and he said- we will figure that out. It was one of the nicest and best surprises since he got me TIVO ;).

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

God's Beautiful Chaos said...

Happy Mother's Day. Enjoy your new vacation to Ethiopia, your new children and a little extra with the concert. You are awesome and you will be an awesome mom!
Love,
Sandra Raskell